Skip to the content
- Have completed grade 10 (grade 12 preferred).
- Make an appointment to do an aptitude test at the Union office.
- Complete application paperwork.
- Briefly talk to an organizer.
- Be placed on a list to be invited to a two-day orientation.
- Attend the orientation.
- Seek out an employer, with the union’s assistance.
- Pay first union dues and initiation fee, collect dispatch slip.
- Follow all guidelines as set by the Local Joint Apprenticeship Committee (LJAC).
- Register with the province through the LJAC.
- Complete 9000 hours of work experience, including 24 weeks of technical training (day school) as well as Local 30 night school.
- Successfully complete all required examinations.
- Pay all prescribed fees.